Half & Half's Fruit Salad
½ cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. vanilla sugar*
5 strawberries, cut in half
½ pint blackberries
½ pint raspberries
1 mango, peeled and sliced
• Supreme the orange and the grapefruit: Slice off a small section from each end of the fruit. Stand on a flat end and remove the rind and pith with a knife, cutting in long strips. Remove each citrus section by cutting to the right and the left of each membrane. Reserve the juices.
• Pour the cream into a chilled bowl and sprinkle with the vanilla sugar. Using a balloon whisk or a hand mixer, whip until soft peaks form.
• In a large bowl, combine all of the fruits. Add the juices from the orange and the grapefruit and toss to combine.
• To serve, portion the salad into individual bowls and top with a dollop of the whipped cream.
* To make vanilla sugar, place 1 whole vanilla bean, split lengthwise, into 1 cup of granulated sugar in an airtight container and allow to sit for two days.