Deviled Duck Eggs
Ingredients12 duck eggs
3 Tbsp. salt
4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
½ tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
1/16 tsp. garlic powder
1/16 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/16 tsp. cayenne pepper
• Working in batches if necessary, place the duck eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan. Cover them with 1 inch of cold water. Add salt to the water. Heat over high heat until boiling.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. If using a heat-sensitive egg timer, cook until “hard boiled” is indicated, then continue to cook an additional 5 minutes.
• Remove from heat, drain and rinse eggs in cold water until they are cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
• Place the yolks in a bowl and reserve the whites.
• Mash the yolks and add the mayonnaise, sugar, sea salt, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
• Spoon the yolk mixture into a pastry bag.
• Add 1 drop of hot sauce to each egg white, then pipe the yolk mixture into the hollow egg whites.
• Garnish with paprika.