Asparagus and Green Onion Pizza
Pizza dough (either homemade or store-bought)
6 oz. asparagus
4 green onions, thinly sliced lengthwise
Cornmeal for dusting
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ cup grated fresh mozzarella
2 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
• Trim the tough, woody ends from each spear of asparagus. Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 2- to 3-inch pieces. Set aside.
• Dust a pizza stone or baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll and stretch the pizza dough into a 16-by-11-inch oval. Place on cornmeal-dusted baking surface.
• Brush the dough with the olive oil, leaving a ½-inch border on all sides.
• Sprinkle the dough with half of the sliced green onions. Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella, goat cheese, asparagus and Parmesan. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
• Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the asparagus is fork-tender and the dough begins to turn golden.
• Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and season with kosher salt and pepper.
• Cut and serve.
Tags : Asparagus , Parmesan , Pizza , Mozzarella