Green Tea-White Chocolate Pots de Crème
7 oz. finest white chocolate
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
¼ cup milk
¾ tsp. green tea powder*
4 egg yolks
1 Tbsp. sugar
½ tsp. coconut extract (For a more noticeable flavor, increase to 1 tsp.)
Fresh strawberries (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
• Chop the white chocolate and place it in a bowl.
• Over low heat, bring the cream, milk and green tea powder to a boil. Remove from heat and pour mixture over the white chocolate.
• Let the mixture sit for 1 minute, then stir gently with a spatula or a whisk until the chocolate has fully melted and the mixture is blended.
• Meanwhile place the egg yolks in a clean bowl and add the sugar and salt. Whisk until the mixture turns a pale yellow, then add the coconut extract.
• Add a small amount of the white chocolate and cream to the yolk mixture, whisking continuously.
• Continue adding the white chocolate mixture in small increments until completely combined.
• Distribute evenly between 5 ramekins, then place the ramekins in a deep baking pan. Make a water bath by pouring hot water into the pan, so that it reaches about halfway up the ramekins.
• Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
• Check for doneness by gently shaking the pan to see if the cream jiggles in the ramekins. You can leave them slightly wobbly for a creamier taste in the center, or bake until they have fully set.
• Store in the fridge until 20 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Note: These last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Tags : Eggs , Green tea , Strawberries , White chocolate