Bittersweet Chocolate, Pistachio and Fig Salad
2 Tbsp. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped or shaved
¼ cup pistachios (shelled, roasted and salted), finely chopped
3 dried figs, roughly chopped
1 tsp. honey
¼ lb. pecorino, shaved
2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and dried
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
Generous pinch kosher salt
5 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more to taste
• Place the chocolate in a small bowl and set aside.
• Place the pistachios in a small bowl and set aside.
• Place the figs in a small bowl and toss them with the honey. Set aside.
• Place the pecorino in a small bowl and set aside.
• In a jar with a lid, combine the mustard, vinegar, a generous pinch of kosher salt and the olive oil. Cover and shake vigorously to combine. Place the arugula in a medium-size bowl. Spoon 4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette over the arugula and toss gently to coat. Divide the dressed arugula between 2 salad bowls.
• Serve the salad bowls alongside the small bowls of chocolate, pistachios, figs and cheese. Add the accouterments and remaining vinaigrette as desired.
Tags : Pistachios , Chocolate , Figs