Peacemaker Lobster & Crab Co. is your Readers' Choice Favorite New Restaurant of 2015
“What did I enjoy as a kid? What makes me happy now?” Kevin Nashan, chef-owner of Peacemaker Lobster & Crab Co. asked himself as he contemplated the restaurant, his second after running Sidney Street Cafe down the street to wild acclaim. “I always gravitated toward po’boys and a good lobster roll.” Your votes make it official: Peacemaker is St. Louis’ favorite new restaurant. Here, Nashan dishes his thoughts on the most popular, quintessentially coastal dishes at Peacemaker.
1. Clam Roll: “It’s got the sweetness of a scallop, the brininess of an oyster - absolutely delicious."
2. Buffalo Crawfish Po’boy: “Inspired by chef de cuisine John Messbarger’s dad and his love of hot wings.”
3. Lyonnaise Salad: “Crispy oysters, pickled mustard seeds, beautiful poached egg – it’s a delicious bite.”
4. Smoked Brisket Po’boy: “How do you put something on the menu for the non-fish lovers that is going to absolutely make everyone want it? This brisket does it.”
5. Blueberry Pie: “It’s just ridiculous, it’s so good. It’s like a Pappy’s rib: It makes me want to hug
More stories like this
First Look: Mayo Ketchup in Lafayette Square
Mandy Estrella and partner Bradley Payne will open her first solo restaurant, Mayo Ketchup, named after ...
First Look: The St. Louis Center for Plant-Based Living in Kirkwood
The Center for Plant-Based Living aims to support clients who are interested in learning about whole-food, ...