Sauce seeks editorial interns for fall 2022
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking both remote and in-person editorial interns for fall 2022.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce editorial intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Help event manager at Sauce Magazine events like Food Truck Friday
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce editorial intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
This internship is unpaid; internship begins in August and ends in December. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available about 5 to 10 hours a week.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Lauren Healey at lhealey[at]saucemagazine.com. Please include whether you're interested in remote or in-person work or both. Applications are due no later than Friday, Aug. 19; however, early applications are appreciated. No calls, please.
More stories like this
What I Do: Carlton Adams, chief operating officer of Operation Food Search
Carlton Adams is chief operating officer of Operation Food Search (OFS), a food banking organization that ...
The pop-up dinner series in a downtown St. Louis loft you should know about
“You get to sit and share a meal with someone that you probably never would have ...