5 pie recipes from St. Louis bakers to try this Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is not complete without pie. It’s the obligatory end to the evening and part of a well-rounded morning-after breakfast. Discover new classics and old favorites from some of our favorite local bakers that will have you trimming off just another sliver – to even out the edges!
1. Cyrano’s Apple Cavalier courtesy of Cyrano’s Carolyn Downs
2. Salted Maple Pie courtesy of Made by Lia’s Lia Weber
3. Knead Classic Pecan Pie with Flaky Sourdough Crust courtesy of Knead Bakehouse + Provisions
“Make sure all your ingredients are cold to get the flakiest crust possible.” – Knead
4. Fancy’s Pumpkin Pie courtesy of Pint Size Bakery’s Christy Augustin
“We hate the soggy crust and starchy filling of nearly every other pumpkin pie, so ours is in a flaky, pre-baked, all butter crust with a custardy filling like nothing you’ve ever had before.” – Christy Augustin
5. Pumpkin Mousse Mini Pies courtesy of Russell’s Russell Ping
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
Make this summer corn salad courtesy of Nexus’ Ceaira Jackson
This salad easily becomes a salsa – just add tortilla chips!
Make this cucumber & mango salad courtesy of Bulrush’s Rob Connoley
This refreshing dish proves you can forgo the heat and still eat well in just a ...
Lousies on the Loop has closed permanently in University City
Lousies on the Loop has announced it is closing permanently with immediate effect. ...
Friendship Brewing Co.’s new location in Flint Hill opens this weekend
Friendship Brewing Co.’s newest location, called Friendship Fli-Hi as an homage to surrounding ...